A little story about a little girl...

One Saturday, right before my birthday, LB and I were out shopping. At this point in time it was January, I was sick of the cold and I was convinced that I was old and very un-attractive. Somehow we ended up at Wendy's (I really have no idea why) and as we sat down to eat I noticed there was a little girl, who was about five, and her parents sitting next to us. As LB and I sat there I over heard the mother say "shh, eat your food" and the little girl say in what she thought was a whisper "but mom, she's beautiful". So I looked over and this little girl is staring at me. Her mother then said "why don't you tell her that" to which the little girl replied, again in what she thought was a whisper "oh no, I'm too shy!" I smiled at the little girl and she excitedly exclaimed "mom, she smiled at me"!

This little girl made my day - her sweet complement could have not come at a better moment. I can't imagine what prompted this little one to say what she did - but I am grateful that she did so.

Lucky for you I took a picture of my beautiful self that day so you could see just what I was wearing - but also as a reminder to not be so hard on myself when it comes to my looks. Got to love insecurities, right?

Yes, those are cowboy boots, vintage in fact - they were my grandmothers!!!

6 comments:

  1. You are beautiful Steph! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a sweet moment! Out of the mouths of babes...

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! That is so adorable. I love when things like that happen.

    I was once walking down the hall through a hospital and I heard a little girl whisper to her dad, "Daddy! That girl has clicky shoes!!" You could tell she was just mesmerized that I had heels on that "clicked." Of course she wasn't saying that I was pretty like YOUR little admirer, but isn't it just sweet to hear what little kids have to say?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really sweet. And yes, you are beautiful! Children always tell the truth, so you have to believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph you are SO beautiful!!! But I also understand how hard it is to believe it sometimes. You are a gem and are so deeply loved by many, many people.

    I was walking down a public hallway once that was nearly empty except for a small boy (with a mohawk) and his mother who were a good 25 paces in front of me. When they reached the end of the hall, the little boy opened the door and held it. When his mother tried to get him to hustle along he said reverently (in what he thought was a whisper), "But Mom! A Lady!" and proceeded to wait patiently so he could hold my door open.

    Thank goodness for those precious children who remind us who we are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well... I must say I'm not surprised. I'm sure all little girls that see you think they're meeting a princess :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs