A Letter to the Dog

Dear Midas:

I picked you from a picture and got damn LUCKY! I almost picked your brother, he looked more like the traditional Boston Terrier, but your picture was the first to come though on my phone and there was just something about you, and I had to act fast or risk losing you. So I sent a email back to the breeder saying I would take the first puppy and then called your dad and sent him your picture -- your dad thought I was crazy. I remember being nervous and wondering what had I just done, after all I was not a dog person, but like I said we got lucky. That does not mean you are not a messy, time consuming money pit but you are a money pit I'm really grateful for.

You were my first baby, and you helped to prepare me for Isadora, which is something I am more grateful for then I can express. Over the last two years you and I have spent a lot of time together, you have sat by my side as I have written countess grad papers; we have walked so many miles together; and you were the only one there when I found out I was going to have a baby -  you sat with me as I cried happy and scared tears over that realization and I thank you for that. But mostly I'm so grateful that you have been with me day in and day out as I have tried my best to figure this whole motherhood thing out!

I realize you would much rather spend the day with dad, and I love how you get so incredibly excited when he comes home. I know that your days with me and Izzy are often boring and that you wish everyday was Saturday but Thank You for being there for me. Thank You for being so sweet to my baby girl, your patience and gentelness with her is amazing, and I promise that one day soon she will be able to play with you too.

Midas you're something special - you manage to be an old soul and a puppy at heart all at once.

Thank you for loving your humans!

with love,
your mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs