The Ryder Vacation


The Ryder family came to DC/Virgina Beach last week for a Family Reunion. Here are a few pictures of our adventures. Sorry there are no pictures from our time touring DC - with temperatures over 100 degrees taking pictures of us sweating did not seem so appealing. 


 The fam rented a house at Virgina Beach and while there we had Maryland Blue Crabs. It was great mess - while I love crab the goo inside was gross but I did love the claws!

Me and my first whole crab ever!

The great mess!

Marsha and my sweet cousin Molly


Virgina Beach had several funny signs that I couldn't help but take pictures of:

NO Fishing in the Fountain in front of this Hotel!

No Swearing!

Eating at Margie & Ray's
LB & I

Cousins - Maggie & Molly

On the way home I made LB stop at Sonic in Fredericksburg (since there is no Sonic near DC) so I could get my favorite Chocolate Cream Pie Shake only to find out that they no longer make them.  

Overall we had a great time at the beach , I learned to boogie-board - that is after I crashed, bleed, and flashed the beach, we caught up with family and met some cousins we did not know we had, and learned dirty family secrets. 
It was great fun!

2 comments:

  1. hilarious! you listed all the reasons why i hate boogie boarding

    ReplyDelete
  2. how have I not looked at your blog?! I'm DYING for a sonic shake..hmm...road trip? this week? lol and the no swearing sign--I think you need that in your kitchen next to your vintage/retro quilt! haha..LOVE IT!! and, seriously, the crab!!! fun and creepy...we did a crawfish-bake in TX one time...good times...but I don't have a desire to do it again any time soon! (and that was 5 years ago!! hahaha) loves

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs