The Grand Tour

 Back in October 2010 we moved from our then 725 sq ft one bedroom apartment to a 500 sq ft studio apartment. You may be wondering what on earth would possess us to be willing to live in such a small space, well the answer would be $$! Rent in the DC Metro area is expensive, especially if you want to be within a 10 min walk to the Metro. When we decided to take the teeny tiny apt I was worried how we would fit and if it would lead to the murder of one of us. But so far we have loved our new little space and have made a project of decorating and organizing it - the only draw back is when I'm mad and need to slam a door I have to hang out in the bathroom!

So here is how we live in 500 sq ft! Tell me what you think of our decorating.

living-room area


 other half of living-room area

bedroom

office

dinning area

the kitchen (which I love)

other half of kitchen




the view

We live in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington VA. 

8 comments:

  1. I think you guys have done a great job decorating - it looks fantastic. Adjusting to the smaller space is a challenge but it is definitely doable - plus you have some great neighbors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think it looks great. Very nicely decorated, you have really great taste! I wish I could make my home look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute!!! I especially LOVE your bedspread... it is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love what you have done with the place! i am trying to redecorate as well but i am not really getting anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I decided I need your help with decorating my place. I have issues and I love what you've done with your place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so cute. Can you come decorate my place please? It's in need of a little TLC, especially with the soon to arrive little guy. You have always had great taste. Happy Birthday by the way, I think I missed it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are amazing! You did an awesome job using the space. p.s. I love the disco ball!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs