Change in Direction

I have decided that I would take my blog in a new direction, I will still keep you updated on Eric but in all reality he will never post anything so I decided I would make this blog all mine! So why mac & cheese in the title? I will tell you: I LOVE Macaroni and Cheese, I eat if for lunch at least 2 - 3 times a week! Now I am not talking about the KRAFT blue box kind which I find just disgusting but the frozen sort that you heat up in the microwave. I realize that the frozen microwave sort is not the best but I have to say it hits the spot when you only have 7 min. for lunch (spare me the microwaves give you cancer and processed foods will kill you lecture, I know!) However, what I really love/covet/dream about at night is the REAL homemade Macaroni and Cheese. You know the kind where you make the sauce out of real cheese like extra-sharp Cheddar and Gruyere and bake it in the oven with bread crumbs on top. It is by far the ultimate comfort food and I swear it taste even better the next day. My favorite REAL Macaroni and Cheese recipe is by Barefoot Contessa it is by far the best ever! Be prepared the cheese will cost more then you expect but the recipe makes a ton and trust me you will want to make the whole thing (hint: It calls for tomatoes on the top but if you hate them like I do just omit them). Hold on, my ode to mac & cheese if just about over. Lastly I have this new favorite quote from the movie Juno "...he is the cheese to my macaroni..." it is so Eric and I and considering my two favorite things are my physics boy and m&c I could not help but love it!

3 comments:

  1. My Grandma makes the BEST homemade mac 'n cheese. It looks similar to this recipe so I'll have to give this one a shot too. Yum...sounds good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. obsessed with juno and the macaroni quote. love what you've done with the place too girl. very classy blog layout. exciting!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs