Manti Pagent...

(I wrote this a while ago and I was waiting to post it till I added pictures but I am lazy so no pictures yet)

A weekend or so ago we took a little trip to Sanpete county to the famous "Mormon Miracle Pageant" aka: The Manti Pageant. My husbands sister, her husband and their 4 year old daughter Brooklyn went as well and we had quite the interesting time. First of all we were not suppose to me at the Manti Pageant we were suppose to be in Wendover playing Texas Holdem' but Eric forgot to get the day off so Manti was the next best option (which I was okay with me because after the planning of the trip I started to feel guilty...I always feel guilty for everything...all the time...it is really annoying, my guilt mechanism may be messed up). So back to Manti, this was my first trip to Manti, I had never see the temple before and I had never seen the pageant before. I know what your thinking,"how can you be LDS in Utah and never go to the Manti Pageant?", well my dad is Catholic and my youth group rocked so we did such activities as jet skiing and white water rafting; oh and I was a ballerina so I spent an exponential amount of time in tights in front of a mirror telling myself I was fat and being neurotic, so I must have missed the Manti trip, but I have see the Hill Camora Pageant, so there!



So on the way there Brooklyn kept getting "Manti" and "ipod" mixed up and kept asking when were going to get to the ipod, which on hind site if we could of gone to see a giant ipod it would have made for a much better trip!



So we get to the pageant, (which is performed right in front of them Manti Temple, which happens to be absolutely gorgeous, and breathtaking, and magnificent, and splendid, and all the other adjectives that I can not come up with) and of course there are protesters, there are always protesters, they make me laugh I think they sort of go along with the ambiance. So we find seats and I was smart enough to bring my fabulous new camera and 4 year olds make for great models so I was in heaven. I also found out that 4 year olds love digital cameras and because my little beauty of a camera has "health insurance" Brooklyn (the 4 year old) spent about a hour snapping pictures on anything and everything. Anyway so this is the conversation that Brooklyn and I had prior to the start of the pageant...



Brooklyn(aka - Boo): So what kind of story is this?

Aunt Steph: Its a church story.

Boo: Those are the boringist kind! (at the same time covering her face with one hand and shaking her head)



-Like any good aunt I just laughed, but then again so did her mother.


To make a long story short, the Manti Pageant is cheesy! However, at the end when they finally get to the Sanpete County part and the guy dies (if your LDS/or been subjected to a trip to Manti you know what I am talking about) the cheese factor hit an all time high and Eric, his sister Tiny, and I could not contain our laughter any longer and we broke into hysterics; all the while the majority of the audience were in tears. Yep, that's right folks we went to the Manti pageant, played poker (Texas Holdem') before it started and broke into hysterics at the end....I know what your thinking "Heathens" and I am ok with that. Besides I don't think they take away your temple recommend for finding the Manti pageant cheesy and funny, however I could be wrong!

**Pictures and more updates to follow

3 comments:

  1. I agree, Steph! I saw that pageant one time and thought it was the cheesiest crap on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHHAHAHHAHA!!! we went to the pageant when i first moved there, with our ward, SUPER cheesy! i think the protesters added to the cheesyness...hello,Manti is such a small town! But, it's still fun to go! i can't believe you were going to go play poker all weekedn...tisk tisk! :D jk! i tried to get chris to put a quarter in the slots on our cruise, he said if we did the boat might sink...whatever--he never has any fun! :D jk! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps...save your pennies and COME VISIT ME!!! we can do our take over the world walk on the east coast!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs