Now I'm A Runner!

We did it - all 13.1 miles. I finished the 1/2 Marathon in 2 hours, 26 minutes and 51 seconds! My goal was to finish in at least 3 hours and to not have to be picked up by the loser bus all of which I managed so I have to say I am damn proud of myself, plus they gave me a medal (everyone gets one, I know)! LB also ran the 1/2 and he finished under 2 hours - he keeps telling me how he is the fastest fat boy now.
I have to say I am so glad that my friend Lisa Blanck talked me into running the 1/2 Marathon I was quite skeptical at the beginning that I could actually finish. But I did thanks to a great coach and running partner - I could not have done it with out her!!




*Post 1/2 Marathon Pictures - Don't we look beautiful?

5 comments:

  1. Thoma Lee & Ron OlsenApril 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM

    You don't even look like you broke a sweat - what a gorgeous runner you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you both. I am thinking of doing an 5k to start but 1/2 marathon? You guys rock! I'm going to have to work up to that kind of stamina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! Good job. I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs