Christmas Again?


It is no secret that Christmas is not my favorite Holiday, love me some Halloween and Thanksgiving but I could really skip right over December 25th. Every year you have the trauma of deciding which family to visit, what to buy, how to afford it, and the unachievable goal of not fighting with anyone. Well as previous Christmases go my Father usually calls in September to ask his famous question "What do you want for Christmas?" - Now don't be fooled because somehow this simple question is way more complex then one might think. In the past I would mention a few ideas, none of which he would think were "Christmas Present" worthy and then the conversation would turn ugly, I would cry and we would not speak again until December 24th - lovely family tradition we have going don't you think?


Now for the Story - So last night Marsha called (aka: my mom) and while we were chatting she said "Your Father wants me to ask you What You Want For Christmas". See Marsha has to ask now because my Father is not so thrilled with my life choices, apparently becoming LDS, getting married, moving to DC for grad school and attaining financial independence are just not the best things so according to him I suck!


Well by this year I have learned my lesson when it comes to answering this question because no matter what you tell dear dad that it is you want for Christmas you will get something different so what is the point, but you still must say something. So this year I am turning it into a game.... so I asked for this!

A Snuggie - the blanket with sleeves!

Only 19.99! I hope he thinks its "Christmas Present Worthy"



** LB does not see the point of a Snuggie - He told me to just ware my bath robe backwards and save the money.

3 comments:

  1. I love Eric's comment on the snuggie. I hope everything's going great, 'cause you totally deserve it. And, by the way, I adore your life choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you guys already - if you come for Christmas you are still totally invited to stay with us - what could be better than late night DDR and some fresh made hot cocoa?

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs