UT to VA

So we made it to Arlington, VA. We packed everything we owned into the back of our Jetta and drove for 4 days. Well actually I should clarify LB drove, I sat am complained that my tail bone hurt. I was not allowed to drive because if we put the seat forward then things would shift around in the back and I guess that some how that would have been a bad thing. So LB drove and I sat on the cramped side of the car with stuff at my feet and on every side...it was a very long 4 days!



It was my plan to document our trip across the United States but early on I realized that there was not a lot to photograph on I-70 and after St. Louis I gave up completely. But I will give you a quick recap of the trip:



We drove to Colorado and stopped and saw our friends John and Katie - It rained really hard and water leaked into the car by way of the car top carrier straps.
We drove through Kansans and about the only thing to see in Kansans was one sign after another letting travelers know that "Jesus Saves".

Then Missouri - we saw the Arch.

Then Illinois - I think I was asleep.

Indiana came next - it was beautiful I think I could live there.

Then Kentucky - which was just plain scary and I am pretty sure that the hotel was haunted.

Then West Virginia - fried bologna sandwiches need I say more.

We then drove on to Maryland and then to Virginia.


Leaving UT - as you can see the car was bursting at the seams.
St. Louis Arch from the Freeway.

Things learned on the trip:
1. If you only spend $50 a night on a hotel expect it to be dirty and sketchy
2. Don't pack a cooler if the only place to put it is on your lap - just eat fast food
3. Stop and see the 3000 lb prairie dog in Kansans and the Wizard of Oz Museum -wish we did
4. Pay a company to move your stuff and then take the long route - that is if you can afford it
5. Take pictures, lots of them
6. Crying is useless












3 comments:

  1. Thoma Lee & Ron OlsenSeptember 2, 2009 at 1:22 PM

    So glad to see you both made it - and the Jetta! Keep us posted....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you! Come back soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are there safely, we miss you already. A fall trip to DC does sound nice . . .

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs