Can I wash my mouth out with soap, please?


I cussed/swore in church on Sunday, not my finest moment I tell ya. We don't go to regular church, instead we are called to the Primary Children's Medical Center Branch where Eric is the executive secretary and I am the 2nd counselor in the primary presidency, however that is not the point of the story. No, the point of the story is that I have a bad mouth, which was instilled in me at an early age and I can not seam to kick the very bad habit of using the two somewhat inappropriate words, "Dam" and "Hell".


So on Sunday as both the Branch Presidency, Primary Presidency, and the High Counselor where waiting to go down to Sacrament Meeting I was moving some papers and I cut my pinkie finger right across the top through the cuticle and out of my mouth popped "Dammit". While I quickly tried to cover it up with a more appropriate word it was to late, I had outed my self as the bad word user that I am. I felt so guilty (and stupid)!


Let just say I did not grow up in a family who is known for their clean language and it was not until later in life that I realized that "Hell" was actually a cuss word. Needless to say it is a good thing we are not having children for a long while as I need to improve foul mouth a do a better job of watching my language, especially at church.

6 comments:

  1. ha ha ha! I would have loved to be a witness to such an event. :)

    So I went to Hoover Dam, and we took the ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel so bad. Damn and Hell actually became part of my language on my mission. Things could be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny. I'm laughing so hard right now... I'm glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs