school, school, and more school

Let talk grad-school.  I currently have a major love/hate relationship with higher education.  If you remember, back in April I was so very nervous and excited about going to grad-school (read about it here). The first semester of school was stressful, I started off taking 12 credits (because I'm crazy) almost had a nervous breakdown and suffered weird dizzy spells -- then I wised up and dropped a class, at which point school got sooooo much better.  I actually passed bio-statistics - thanks to my math tutor of a husband, I made a friend - which is a big deal because I suck at making friends, and I managed to not fail out the first semester - something I was sure would happen.  However, grad-school has not been everything I had built it up to be in my head, I don't know what I expected but I guess I was just hoping for more.  With that said, school has been good for me in a lot of ways, to have a goal has helped with the depression, and it is so nice to have my own thing to focus on.  So, this week LB started his last semester of law school and I go back next week; while I am trying to stay focused on school I am so ready for the next phase of our lives to start, it feels like we have been stuck in the same place forever, jumping though one hoop after another, and I am so ready to move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs