Bob and Gwen


I have to say that the thing I am most proud of in life is the fact that I am the granddaughter of Robert and Gwen Hadley. I know that my brothers and every cousin we have would agree that when it comes to grandparents we have the absolute best! These are two people who have opened their arms and home to every crazy person their children and grandchildren have brought home and are wonderful examples of unconditional of love and support. My grandparents have been married for over 60 years and are more fun to hang out with then you can imagine. My grandmother Gwen is the best dam card player you will ever meet (not to mention smarter then the rest of us) and I can proudly say that my grandfather "Bob" taught me to play poker at the age of 10 (they even bought us poker chips for Christmas).
My grandparents are cattle ranchers and they still live on the land that my grandfather was born on. I have always considered it an honor to be a Hadley, and to have their last name as my middle name, and it is my plan to pass the name on to my children. I have been lucky enough that my grandfather was the one who blessed me as a baby, baptized me when I joined the LDS church, and was my witness when I was married Eric in the Logan Temple; being their granddaughter is truly a most wonderful blessing.
Grandpa's "Famous" Song:
Way out on the windswept desert, where nature favored no man,
The Buffalo found his brother why out on the windswept sand,
Said the Buffalo to his brother did nature get ya this way,
Well his brother never said cuz his brother been dead, been dead since o'way last May.
(Yodeling......)
**There are more verses, however I don't know them because when he taught us this song we were young and they are not exactly "G" rated.

3 comments:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs